Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, an agreement can be made before, during and after the relationship. Financial Agreements under the Family Law Act can only be used if you marry. Cohabitation Agreements only apply to unmarried relationships.
Your Agreement can say: - How you and your partner want to deal with the financial arrangements in your relationship; and - What will happen to your finances and assets if the relationship ends. This can include dealing with issues of spousal maintenance.
You can bring your cohabitation agreement to an end but you will both need to agree, sign and meet other formalities.
Informal agreements are not binding. It is always good to reach agreement but you will need to meet the strict formalities for your agreement to be binding. If you have gone to the trouble of reaching agreement it is essential that you formalise what you have agreed and both be certain of where you stand for the future.
If there has been a material change in circumstances relating to children, and the terms of your agreement mean that you, your partner or the children will suffer hardship then the agreement may not be enforced.
We are an expert online Legal service - therefore we have considerably fewer overheads than a high street solicitor - this keeps our costs down to a minimum, allowing us to pass on our savings to our customers.
WorldPay is the online division of Royal Bank of Scotland, voted "UK's Best Bank" 2005, and uses military-strength encryption and secure servers. This system has never failed or been compromised, and is far safer than over-the-phone transactions.
personal service